Friday, May 1, 2009

Plea from a Rescue Pup


Plea from a rescue pup ~ I was born in the summer a few years ago; Quite why I was born I never will know. Some folks owned my mother; decided to breed ... No reason I know of except for their greed. I know I was hungry, I know I was cold And they sold me quite early,at just five weeks old. Owners number one seemed friendly at first And life was quite good, until my bubble burst. They started to argue;their marriage split up And in went the ad, for sale 4 month pup. Some more folks arrived, the next ones in line ... They treated me kindly,and life was just fine. But the master dropped dead, and she couldn't cope So they sold me again as I began to lose hope. I now had a new home up in the sky ... We went up the lift, fourteen floors high. The new folks were kind, but they left me all day. I was busting to pee, and had no where to play. It was boredom, I think, when I chewed up that chair. They agreed I should go, but it just wasn't fair. The next home was good and I thought this was it ... They started to show, and I won ... well ... a bit. Then somebody told them that I had "no bone," And in went the ad, for sale to good home. The next lot were dreadful... they wanted a guard, But I didn't know that ... although I tried hard. One night they got burgled and I didn't bark, Tied up in that shed, alone in the dark. For four months I lay in that cold dark shed With only an old paper sack for a bed, A small dish of water all slimy and green ... The state I was in, well, it had to be seen. I longed for some help,for an end to the pain. Then some new people came, and I went off again. So now I'm with Rescue, and this home is good! There are walks in the country and lots of good food... There are kisses and cuddles to greet me each day And I dread the time that they send me away. But for now here I stand, skin and bone, on all fours... Please don't let this happen to any of yours! ~AUTHOR UNKNOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment